Monday, June 13, 2016

GTD Step 2 - Processing the In Tray

"Processing the In Tray" sounds like a big job, and it is, but not in the way I had originally thought it would be.

It took me well over 3 hours to process everything in my in tray(s), most of that time was spent filing papers and documents, figuring out what was on USB / DVD's then what to do with them and just generally figuring out what to do with stuff.  It was exhausting!

A couple of things learnt from this process:

  • My current filing system isn't very efficient / effective for this process
  • A single reference store wont work for me since I have USBs / DVDs that have to be stored in a separate file system.
  • I keep lots of crap I don't need to.
So now that everything this cleaned up (well almost everything) I can spend my energy and focus on the tasks at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment