Wednesday, July 31, 2013

VCAP5-DCD–Exam Prep Materials and Upcoming Videos

So I have spent the past 2 weeks going through the VMware Exam Blue Print for the VCAP5-DCD exam and have come up with the following materials / strategy to start in my preparations for writing this exam.

The Blue Print itself has links to many (many) other resources, I have been reading most of them, but am having a hard time digging out the nuggets of information that can be found on other study guides (see below), or al least that information that I feel may be on the exam.  So for my own exam preparation, I have decided to create video presentations that will be guided by the Blue Print itself.  This will not be a replacements for the vBrownBag series (again see below) but a different way of looking at the info presented on the Blue Print which will in turn help me digest and understand the pieces that have been pulled from the additional readings.

I am still planning on using the “VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide” for the majority of my study, but it has been delayed for shipping yet again (should of just bought the Kindle edition) so I will be waiting a few more weeks until I get my hands on it.

To supplement the above, I also plan to utilize the following resources:

As for the upcoming videos, once I figure out how to properly record them, I will start to create the presentations and delivering them as I have time, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment