Saturday, July 13, 2013

VCAP5-DCD Exam Preparation

One of my goals for this year was to get one of the VCAP5 certifications. My company has just given me the green light to go ahead and start preparing for the Data Center Design (DCD) exam and I must admit, I am a bit scared and over whelmed at the idea if writing this exam.

The reason that this exam frightens me is that it is based on “design solutions” which, unlike the VCP exam, doesn't necessarily have defined information you must know to pass, its really based on ones ability to digest customer requirements and deliver “the best” solution for that scenario.

The over whelming part is the massive amount of readings that are listed on the exams blueprint and the incredible length of the exam itself. I know there were 10,000+ pages of suggested readings for the VCP exam, but with a good amount of hands on knowledge (which I was lucky to have already) most of the questions could be answered without having read all the materials. I do take comfort that 92 to 94 of the questions will be multiple choice / drag and drop and the other 8 to 6 will be the Design scenarios.

Over the next couple of weeks I will post up my notes that I am studying from as well as links to other blogs / study sheets that I come across and find useful.

I have pre-ordered a copy of Paul McSharry’s book “VCAP5-DCD Official Cert Guide” and am really looking forward to getting my hands on it and checking it against my study notes to ensure I am on the right path with my studies.

Wish me luck and check back often for my study note updates, hopefully they will help in your studies for the VCAP5-DCD exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment