Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nested ESXi 5.1 - vhv.enable = "TRUE"

I just wanted to put out a quick post to help others get their nested ESXi 5.1 labs running.

 

There are a pile of great articles out there on building nested environments, but the one portion I missed in building mine was the difference in the vhv.*** command between ESXi 5.0 and ESX1 5.1

 

So here is the simple breakdown:

 

ESXi 5.1 – You need to add the following line to the /etc/vmware/config file:

                vhv.enable = “TRUE”

 

ESXi 5.0 – You need to add the following line to the /etc/vmware/config file:

                vhv.allow = “TRUE”

 

I hope this saves you some time and eliminates the pain I suffered trying to get 5.1 working in my home lab J

 

Big thanks to William Lam for his #NotSupported vInception presentation and post at:

http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2012/09/vinception-notsupported-slides-posted.html

1 comment:

  1. thanks a lot pals....this help me from suffer just as you said.

    and now i can do an "inception" in my nested esxi..

    ReplyDelete